As a Gem Admin, you have access to the Team Settings dashboard to help you manage your users and team-level features: https://www.gem.com/admin
Below are some common actions you may need to perform as the Admin for your team.
Inviting a user to Gem
Users can join Gem by one of two ways: 1) User can go directly to gem.com and log in with their work email address or 2) you can invite them from the Team Settings dashboard by doing the following steps:
- Go to your Team Settings dashboard: https://www.gem.com/admin
- Under “User Settings”, click “Invite User to Gem”.
- Input their email address. They will be sent an email with steps on how to sign up.
Setting user access levels
Gem currently provides three levels of permissions access. You can use these levels to restrict or increase capabilities in Gem.
By default, all new Gem users will start off with Standard access. The three levels are:
- Standard (default) - Users have access to all Gem features that are a part of your plan, except the Team Settings dashboard.
- Admin - Feature set is identical to Standard, but with access to the Team Settings dashboard.
- Limited (by request) - Contact your Gem Customer Success Manager to learn more about Limited access. Access to specific features with this user role will depend on the plan you are on.
To edit a user’s access:
- Go to your Team Settings Dashboard: https://www.gem.com/admin
- Under “User Settings”, find your user and look under the “Access” column.
- Click on the dropdown menu button and select the desired level.
Deprovisioning a user
Users can be deprovisioned if they leave your company or will no longer be using Gem.
- To log in, Gem relies on a user’s Google or Microsoft credentials. If an employee leaves your company, work with your IT team to ensure their Google or Microsoft account is deactivated so they cannot log into Gem on any new devices.
- If there are any devices the individual has access to which they are logged into Gem on, Gem Admins can email email@example.com and request that we forcefully stop all Gem sessions for the user. Please include the user’s name and email address in your request.
- To remove their stats from being displayed in Gem, go to your Team Settings dashboard > User Settings > find the user > click on the gear icon to the right of the page > select “Deprovision User”. This does not delete their historical data - it hides it.