Gem now is able to automatically track when you send an InMail from a candidate's profile page in LinkedIn Recruiter / Recruiter Lite, as long as the candidate is in Gem. This is true whether you send InMail using Gem InMail Sequences or whether you send a one-off InMail: either way, you no longer need to record in Gem that you sent it, so you'll always get credit in Outreach Stats.
For InMail sent through a Recruiter (or Recruiter Lite) profile page, Gem will:
- Automatically log that an InMail message was sent
- Log the content of your sent message to the Gem activity feed
- Regardless of what LinkedIn account you're logged in with, we will log an InMail message for the Gem account that is signed in
Situations where we do not automatically log InMail activity (yet):
- When you receive InMail replies
- Bulk-sending InMails
- Sending InMail from anywhere except a person's Recruiter or Recruiter Lite profile
- i.e. Gem won't detect when InMail is sent on a person's public profile, InMail inbox, LinkedIn Projects, or the LinkedIn Search page
InMail Follow-up Messages
The follow up stages for Inmail sequences are slightly different than email sequences. With Inmail while we can’t automate the sending of a message through LinkedIn, we will create a task for you in Gem to send the followup on the designated date. All you need to do is either go to LinkedIn and copy and paste the follow up to send (similar to how you sent the first stage) or
Make sure to mark the alert as "Sent", "Replied" , or to "Pause" if you do not want to send a follow up at this time.