Gem provides a best-in-class Greenhouse integration that enable users to:
- Duplicate check against candidates in Greenhouse
- 1-click upload a candidate to Greenhouse from Gem
- Automate common Greenhouse actions directly from Gem
- See all active candidates in Greenhouse Jobs at a glance in Gem
- Get full visibility into the health of your entire talent pipeline from reach out to offer out.
This article walks through:
- Sourcing Integrations
- CRM Integrations
- Configuring Gem <> Greenhouse Integrations
Dupe Checking against candidates in Greenhouse
Gem makes it easy to see whether someone is in Greenhouse before sending a Sequence by showing you candidates that have the same name or email.
- If Gem finds an email match, it'll automatically link to the Greenhouse candidate profile.
- If Gem finds a name match, it'll surface a list of potential Greenhouse candidates that may be associated to the candidate you are sourcing.
1-Click Add to Greenhouse
You can use Gem to 1-Click add candidates to Greenhouse right from our Chrome Extension. Once you press the Upload to Greenhouse button, Gem creates a new candidate record in Greenhouse and auto populates the candidate's profile information:
- First Name
- Last Name
Automatic Email Sync
Gem has built an integration with Greenhouse that allows us to sync emails to Prospects and candidates to the candidate's activity feed in Greenhouse. By default, this email sync is turned off, but if you'd like to enable it, reach out to your Customer Success Manager or the Gem Support team.
For more details on how the email sync works, visit this help article.
Optional Sourcing Integrations
We can enable a number of optional Greenhouse integrations:
- Default Candidate tags: If set, a default tag will be applied to every candidate upon upload.
- Auto-follow prospects: If enabled, the recruiter that uploaded the prospect will be automatically added as a follower.
- Custom Import Source: By default, we import candidates to Greenhouse with the Source set to Gem, but you can change that to whatever you like in the Team Admin section.
Taking Common Greenhouse Actions right from Gem
You can take common Greenhouse actions directly from Gem both in Projects or in the Gem Chrome extension alongside LinkedIn or Gmail.
- Converting a prospect to a candidate
- Setting a stage
- Merging candidate records
- Rejecting a prospect or candidate application
- Logging a note | call | text | InMail directly to the Greenhouse activity feed
Gem CRM provides an even deeper integration with Greenhouse and allows us to pull Greenhouse data into the Gem interface so you can see things like what stage a candidate is at in process or when their last Greenhouse activity was without having to navigate away from Gem.
Greenhouse Data in Projects and Prospects
We surface a Greenhouse column in Projects and Prospects that shows you what stage a candidate is currently at in process.
Candidates in process
In Talent Pipeline, we pull in all active candidates in Greenhouse for a particular job -- Including candidates that aren't in Gem. Gem also color codes based on last Greenhouse activity.
With Pipeline Analytics, we pull in your Greenhouse Pipeline Stages and bridge them with your Gem outreach stages (Send + Reply).
Setting prospect pool and stage during upload
If your team has Greenhouse CRM (separate from Gem CRM), you can set the Greenhouse CRM prospect pool and stage when uploading a candidate from Gem.
Please contact Gem if you would like this feature enabled for your team.
Configuring Gem <> Greenhouse Integrations
To setup Greenhouse integrations with our Sourcing platform, we'll most likely need access to a Harvest API Key. You can create a new Harvest API Key by going to API Credential Management in the Greenhouse Dev Center. Create a New API Key with the Description: Gem and the Type: Harvest and select these permissions.
Once you have your new API key, head over to the Team admin page and paste the key in the supplied field under "Greenhouse Harvest API Key".
NOTE: Do NOT send anyone your Harvest API key. This should only be put used on the Team admin page, and never sent to anyone (even us!) over email, or chat.
Gem CRM uses Webhooks to pull in your Greenhouse data and to monitor any changes in that data. Visit the Team Admin section and click See setup instructions to get detailed steps on how to configure Webhooks for Greenhouse.